Sunday, March 26, 2006

Ans.

A lot of times, these days I get these Qs hurled at me “ wot have u been upto?” “ u have changed man!” “ neva saw u” “ what r ur plans?” ( in dat order)…hmmm…generally i handle them how dravid would handle a bouncer…but now dat I m back in the nets, I think , I'll let Dostoevsky retort..

I have been eking out my days in my corner with a bitter feeling that I cud not become anything: neither bad nor good, neither a scoundrel nor a hero.
At the moments when I was capable of all the refinements of “ lofty and the beautiful” , as they say, yes , at those moments I…no , not felt but indulged in such unseemly acts as…..well, in a word, such acts as are, perhaps ,committed by everyone, but which in my case occurred, as if on purpose, just when I was most keenly aware that they should never occur at all.
The more I became aware of this , the deeper I sank into my slime, and the more likely I was to get mired down in it altogether. But the main point is that all this seemed to take place within me not by chance , but as though it had to be so. As though this were my most normal condition. I almost came to believe that this indeed was my normal condition.
I would gnaw and gnaw at myself in silence, tearing and nagging at myself until the bitterness would finally begin to turn into a kind of shameful, damnable sweetness and , in the end- into a definite , positive pleasure.
This pleasure comes from the awareness of your own degradation; from the knowledge that you have gone to the utmost limit, that is despicable . That I no longer have a way out , that I will never become a different man. Even if there were still time and faith enough to change myself , I do not wish to change, and, if u wished, u wud do nothing about it anyway, because, infact ,there is perhaps nothing to change to. I’ve sometimes felt embarrassed by it but I wouldn’t have been able to take revenge on anyone, since, I would surely never have brought myself to do anything even if I could .why not? Well…

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Slaps forehead..

Vaddu, vaddu annanu.. vinnava? Neitzsche, Dostoevsky lu manaku auuuusarame ledu.. mana greatest philosophy pundit Shahrukh Khan. Marichitivaa?


Worrying about God's mortality, masticating in silence, listening to Shakira on radio, these are all enterprises of long bearded, over the hill, chipmunk owning gentlemen who are frustrated over the rising prices of sanitary blades. But you don't own a chipmunk.. so..

Like Nitish Bharadwaaj once told that Arjun guy.. "A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do, baaki Ram jaane."

10:51 PM  
Blogger vigbert said...

ha-ha-ha....

naaku neitzsche , dostoevsky laku assalu time lekunda ayipoyyyindi ...so don't worry ,they not havin an effect on me... me still, as stupid as ever....and how can i forget the golden rule- Shahrukh Khan Lives On

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home