Saturday, March 11, 2006

Washed away

As i sauntered along the beach with the early stars of the night
i tripped on shells, i tripped on lives
--newly weds ,younger lovers , howling kids and B.E kids
lost in their own worlds
Innocent shells in all colors
colored the shore
as the orange sun sank deeper into the blanket of clouds

My eyes tried to reach as far as they could
When, a distant wave waved out to me
I cried out aloud only to be answered by another woosh
I looked around giving out a surprised stare
But my people as ever had no blinks to spare

The wave it seemed had a story to tell and after a long time it seemed
Someone was interested in me
the wooshing sound reverberated in my inner world
As if a some one was playing a song with the strings of my heart
The more it pulled , deeper was the calm
In this deserted world of clamor
in solitude I spent those moments of confusion
waiting for the wave to wash me away
Away from the horizon into the sun where the rainbow always sleeps

I started bidding my farwell to the shore ,
As the wave got closer
Shells in different hues touched my feet trying to stop me
But with strength I moved ahead eager to meet my wave
I fought harder but the simple shells were in full force
But I was sure that my wave would free me

It came , wooshed ,and left
in total disbelief i stood before i realised it went away without me
I tried to catch up with it
But the land under me was slipping
I picked up a stone in my arm as if to wage a war with the ocean and all the gods
When suddenly I looked down
Only to find that the shells I was playing with
Were the shards of my dreams
And broken dreams ,I learnt, never get washed away

4 Comments:

Blogger Chaitanya said...

Wah wah.. wah wah! Not bad Viggu bhai!

11:33 PM  
Blogger Chaitanya said...

Alright, cake first.

OK, now.. Happy Birthday.

2:51 PM  
Blogger vigbert said...

@lanT anna! happy thank u ....gift edhi?

@sagariya- manalo mana maata, costello evado kooda theleedu ra bi naaku...alaa neelaapanindhalu veyyuta neeku nyaayamaa?

6:03 PM  
Blogger ravptor said...

Nice one man...

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home