Saturday, February 11, 2006

on the ragged edge of solitude

Ever spent a whole morning thinking about what to do in the evenings and the whole evenings planning for the next morning? (sashank …stop nodding your head)Well, if anyone has closely observed me in the last 2 months or so , this would not be something new. I know it would seem impossible to believe that I was actually trying to crack the entrances for some of the top b-schools,but no one ever told me then that I am no longer the born genius I always thought I was. But coming back to an even more serious question which most of today’s generation of me and my friends face ‘what is a man supposed to do when he’s foisted upon with 24hours in a day?’

And because I cannot properly link all my thoughts….. I just leave loose links to my next lines…., these books have given me company through all those moments of deep contemplation. Stopped over at many worlds in the process each erasing the memories of others….loose link 2...

My dad links this quality of mine to me always switching channels….hmmm…..So,

-The Zahir (Paulo Coehlo)--Obsession! Obsession! ...to live and dream are synonymous

-Dilbert Future (Scott Adams) --very mention of this name and I am rofl

-Kafka on the Shore(Haruki Murakami)-- meta-physical , magical realism,psychedelic…. for people who do not mind a cat and a man discussing about vicissitudes of life.

-God’s debris( Peddanna Scott Adams)-- anna gari maatallo-have your brains spun around inside your skulls . although , even i hate e-books but this one's a must http://www.andrewsmcmeel.com/godsdebris/


One Night @ Call center( u know who)--Perfect bollywood screenplay. Would have been better with songs n ol. me and priyanka chopra will make an awesome pair

Karamazov Brothers(Dostoevsky)-- Average Joes have no right to even comment about theGod ,read, Dostoevsky .So forget about below average Joes like me.

Books of Magic( Neil Gaimann)-- No offence to the great man, but with all due cuss words for a drexelite.my mom was convinced that I was on the verge of committing suicide.

The Last Temptation(Neil Gaimann)--Hmm. I had to watch Jaani Dushman 3 times to feel better again.

Memoirs of Pablo Neruda -- yes. I was in depression then.

Living to tell a tale( autobiography - Gabriel Garcia Marquez)-- some books deserve to be flipped thru.but, heard this person's been a guiding light to many great leaders.

History of Napolean-- halfway through and I was already devising plans to attack secunderabad and warangal

Fundamentals of fundamentalism(mahmood bin muhammad …who?) My F.R.P index* touched new heights around that time.

*Female Repellance Potential

Hitchhiker series( Douglas Adams)-- quarter way through and was becoming too weird to handle

Secular Agenda ( Arun Shourie)-- reading now(article 25,26 370,shariat ….might sound boring , but very interesting)

Namesake(Jhumpa Lahiri)--Our cousins in the US will say…how true!

Da vinci code decoded-- turned out to be a self help book where in ,he asks you to lie down on the floor like a Virtuvian man and…..and ….nakko re baba I thought but couldn’t suppress myself to finish this one. Actually, it turns out to be insanely funny ….if your sense of humour is as obscure as mine.

Well, now coming to the point, you must have got a feeling that after all this , i must have run upon something close to sensible and profound in the process….but what is it in me, that, when in a conversation or in a group I still always manage to say the dumbest thing possible and the only expressions I have when someone gives me any kind of news good /bad is ….cool/kewl/ and very often…party!!!
And why is it that I get all possessive about any girl who goes on to ask me “which college are you from?”

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi puttar ji.. tusi kee bookstall khol rahe ho? Woh Moghul library da bandha de vich competition?

Gaiman nu suicidal? Doestoesky nu munda elitist? Murakami.. ah! Iss munda di gal sahi kee tusi.. Rab di shukar..

Puttarr.. tusi itteh lambe shambe naam diye, khopdi vich yaad nahi reh.. phursat mein phir aavanga, phir gal karvenge.. lassi wassi dee vich..

12:03 AM  
Blogger Chaitanya said...

I downloaded that God Debris book... seems interesting... chadavamantava?

1:21 AM  
Blogger vigbert said...

@Daactar- moghul library andradhu oru kaalam.ippa nizam's club nu pudichitaan. bore adikadhu ippa enna pandradhu? ippudi periya blogs yeahdhavandidha iruku. purinjidha?

@lantean- kaaka...chaduvu ..kaththi book adi.

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home