Sunday, April 23, 2006

tere ishq mein meri jaan ...'fanaa' hojaaye

It was dusk. The faint light of oil lamps through random windows was the only relief from darkness. Suddenly a breeze blew. Sly footsteps unwilling to be heard echo in my ears. It was definitely HER. Leaves shivered. A mystical perfume wafted down. A leaf shook in fear, detached itself from the tree and covered my eyes. Alerted by departing birdcalls and the grating cries of crickets, unable to resist the provocation I hastened my steps. I could feel HER breath. I followed to confess my love . She moved , I followed. Through foliaged pathways , wilted groves, meandering through hammocks and shaded glades. The squawking crows, squealing chipmunks and serene bats contrived to give an impression that Shee loved me as ever. As these thoughts swayed in my mind, eyes opened and she disappeared into a gaping mouth of nothingness.
Boo! ( or was it bublaa boo!!!)

Huh! Again?
I fumed at my misfortune to conceal my giggles. How many times? Just, how many more times?
From a distance ,two straight melody lines followed by a bridge that ended on what felt like an unresolved high note ,which got quickly grounded by a smooth segue , what came after that was ...humming ,clapping, tabla rolls, guitar bursts, santoor strains , violins run ....subhan allah …subhan allaah..chand sifarish….

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think its time you start writing romantic novels; in fact.. you should start a new sub-genre called "Pining romantica" or something.

Eventually you can graduate to writing prime time teleserials for the Shobha De /Ekta Kapoor production houses. Dude.. Ekta Kapoor!! Just imagine.. you two can then foray into the world of tele-musicals.. and.. ermm.. all that. The dreams, as they say.. are unlimited.

11:59 PM  
Blogger vigbert said...

and then i'll have a chance to see Mr.Tushshar himself and kill him
and then i'll bcum da saviour for da so many millions!

and then they'll institute an award on my name...

some wierd fello mite also write a comic on Da Saviour...and u for one mite even read it....and ...the rest they would say would be history i.e our present will become history...so, theoretically we are living in history!!

*xcuse me for dat...Final Xam blues!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Chaitanya said...

Annai.. gitla Telangana vadileshi yingleesu yindi lo rasthunnav ende?

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home