Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Potpoli

When your day starts with a lady inflicting her figurative imagination of a bare chested shahrukh khan and taking sides on who is better dressed , allu arjun or chiranjeevi then you quite understand that you are no where close to the magic moment of life where a yes or a no can change your life forever .

I silently chose to suppress any kind of an emotion that could have cropped up at that moment , for, today I had decided would be different ,much different from yesterday and better than tomorrow. Whatever memorial day might mean to the yankees, for me it was a chance to get back at all the fun that I had missed out on for over the last few weeks.

But then reality as always makes a silent back door entry and makes me think now , whether I bore people or people bore me which is quite strange for a normally people friendly person like me. Or should I be asking, how much do I bore people?

Either ways, like any planned holiday, here I am, seeking inspiration from loneliness.
Not that I willfully chose it but like always people have been busy doing so many other things , just today.

To feel lonely is one thing but to know you are alone is another,
Much like, to go out on a long walk is one thing but to have encountered a stray dog longing for your blood is another (a watchman with a stone in his hand does help )

Or clearly put, to suffer because y our love is unrecognized is one thing but to suffer the looks of a man whose lady you are gaping at is not so much the same and for the understanding of the common man , to be seated in a café sipping lemon tea with a Friedman or Dostoevsky is so much of one thing when compared to reading a Chacha Chaudhary ( double digest) , then the lemon tea very unassumingly slips peoples minds , especially when they peep and see the intellectual man reading ‘Rocket’s Kidnapping ‘
’ Beeni In Park ‘ and ‘Clever Potpoli’.

But then , every day has it’s learning, do not let people know that you still find literary solace in Chacha Chaudhary and please do not read that in public . Also the Diamond Coloring Contest at the end of the book is only for children below 15 years , So do not waste your time and ofcourse the sketch pens.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sharad Ragas said...

You have, with this post, crossed over to the realms of genius.. yes, you are my friend.. now the most under-read literary genius of this century.

I am telling you.. you have to bring out a book from this blog. No no, serious.. I am. People read that guy, whossat whatshisname.. Chetan Bhargav, Chetan Bhagat for gossake.. you are going to be a best seller. And I do not say all this coz I think I ll get a free copy. I ll get one, btw.. uh?

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Sharad Ragas said...

Itna sannata kyun hain bhai?

12:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

waiting for your next post for a long time...

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home